SM2 PRO (Scanmatik 2 Pro ),one of the best j2534 / PassThru diagnostic + chip-tuning device.
As a great J2534 passthru interface work many dealer diagnostis softwares such as XENTRY /Techstream/VIDA Dice/JLR SDD/ODIS ..etc
You need get a high quality SM2 PRO kit ,and installed correct driver (lastest Scanmatik v2.21.21)
Supported data buses:
ISO-9141 / ISO-14230 (K-LINE)
Single Wire CAN.
Integrated multiplexer for switching diagnostic lines
The broadest support for J2534-1 / 2 standards
Programming voltage supply (5-24V) – to the legs of the OBD2 connector: 6, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14.
List of tested programs:
CAT Caterpillar Electronic Technician (CAT ET)
Chrysler Flash Application
Eaton Service Ranger
ECU Flasher (auto-bk)
Ford Module Programming Tool
Hino Diagnostic Explorer
Jaguar/Land Rover SDD
JCB Service Master 4
MMC Flasher (Bruce-Willis)
Nissan Consult 3+
Renault CAN Clip
Volvo Premium Tech Tool PTT
1. Ford ForScan :Full support for vehicles with CAN-6-14/CAN-3-11/J1850PWM/K-Line(ISO) buses.
Setting on Forscan software:
•In the “Connection Type” field, select “J2534”
• In the “J2534 Adapter” field, select “SM USB”
• In the “MS-CAN Support” field, select “ Shared with HS CAN”
•Select “Asynchronous” in the “Send Mode” field, as shown in the figure:
2.Nissan Consult 3+(The program is unstable, possible freezes, have Tested on versions 46.11, 64.11, 65.10)
1) You don’t need to edit anything in the registry.
2) In C:\CONSULT III_plus\System\Application\ApplicationData\CommonSetting\DiagnosticTool.ini
you need to add exactly two lines with the name of the adapter (see the figure below):
3) When starting Consult makes an attempt to communicate on the CAN bus, you need the adapter to be connected
to a car or unit (with a 120Ω resistor) with a working CAN bus, and the ignition is on. If a If the program does not see a working CAN bus, it will not show the adapter in the main window (see point 4).
4) If Consult immediately (without a choice in the program settings!) after starting did not see the adapter (on picture – green), then something is wrong with the CAN bus. Go to adapter selection if an adapter appeared there – select it and click “Close” (“Connect” do not click!). If there it is not there, then we close Consult, and repeat from point 3.
3.Renault CAN Clip :Support is provided through special compatibility functions, since CLip does not support Fully J2534 standard.
– SM2 adapters do not have hardware support for CAN 13-12, so communications with systems located on CAN13-12 (radio, multimedia, etc.) WILL NOT BE, but taking into account the specifics of polling CAN buses with the Clip program, solve this with some kind of adapter NOT POSSIBLY.
How to setting SM2 Pro working Renault CAN CLIP software :
ATTENTION! Support for the Clip program is completely transparent. No special action (registry editing, etc.) is not required.
1). Make sure that the “Integration with Clip J2534” option is enabled in the configurator (by default –enabled)
2). Launch the Clip program.After starting Clip automatically searches for adapters. Adapter is preferred connected via USB.
If the program sees a connected SM2 USB adapter, it will quickly display a list of adapters with one serial number “0” and immediately goes to the vehicle VIN interrogation screen.
4.Toyota Techstream :This software is fully supported, tested on a large number of vehicles,
made a lot of fixes during the test phase of the J2534 driver to achieve
maximum speed and correct operation.
This software proved to be the most demanding to correct implementation of API J2534.
Below are some of the shortcomings of the Techstream program found in the process testing. The cases considered are not related to the SM-2 adapter, and appear on any adapter J2534. It is also possible that in later versions of the program the listed defects have been eliminated.
IMPORTANT!Always select the correct market (USA, Europe, Japan, etc.)
because the same model (e.g. LEXUS GS300 ‘99) different protocols may be used depending on from the market. When establishing a connection, the program should automatically recognize at least the type engine/model code. If this does not happen, then the market is probably chosen incorrectly.
When the connection “adapter-car” or “adapter-computer” is interrupted, the program always issues a message indicating a disconnection “with the car” (code 0xA1050304 or 0xA1050308), which misleading. If the connection is interrupted, the “adapter-computer” the program will not restore connection when the following message appears:
1) Check the connection of the adapter to the diagnostic block, the LED should be on in green.
2) Check if the car ignition is on;
3) Press the “Retry” button (retry);
4) If the message appears again, but points 1 and 2 are completed, then this indicates that there was a failure in the connection “adapter-computer” in this case, you should:
5) Press the “Abort” button and exit to the “System Selection Menu” (system selection menu car);
6) Select the desired system again – only in this case the program will try to restore connection with the adapter.
2. Slow data update in DataStream
If in the process of viewing variables in the DataStream mode, the connection with the block control (window with code 0xA1050304 or 0xA1050308), and it was successfully installed again by pressing
on the “Retry” button, the program switches to the “slow” mode of polling variables (update interval increases significantly up to 4000..8000ms). To program again used the “fast” polling mode, you need to exit to the main menu (“Main Menu”) and again establish a connection with the vehicle (“Connect to vehicle”).
NOTE. Techstream does not use the “fast” variable polling mode on all vehicles.
No pattern was found, it depends on the firmware of the block. Therefore, on some cars full data list update interval 4000..5000ms is considered normal (LEXUS GS300 ’99,RX300 ‘04). In this case, you should select fewer variables to view.
3. Stuck in “Utility – AF/O2 Sensor Operation”
If you enter this mode after the DataStream, then the program often hangs (with a running stripe). This utility should be used immediately after communication with the unit is established.
control (from the error code viewing mode).
4. Hanging in DataStream when working with body electronics units
When trying to view variable blocks on body electronics blocks, a hang may occur programs (with an ever-running strip), if the control unit must output data from the slaves systems and sensors (for example, a button module via the LIN bus), but there is no communication with them (break, etc.)
5. GM GDS2 /SPS
The SM2 PRO fully implements (and is available in J2534 mode) the capabilities of a GM MDI Interface
CAN bus legs: 1 (Single Wire), 3-11 (Medium Speed), 6-14 (High Speed CAN), K-lines on legs 1, 8, 9, 7, 12, 13. This set gives access to almost all available GM vehicle systems.
The dealer device of the second generation GM MDI-2 additionally has a CAN bus for 12-13 (sensor steering wheel position, etc.) OBDII connector legs – support for this bus is implemented in the adapter