Mercedes Star Benz Diagnostic Tool and Software
Let’s first explain what Mb Star C3 or SD Connect C4 is for those who may be wondering. This is the diagnostic scanner that is used at Mercedes-Benz dealerships and some auto repair shops. It can also be purchased by independent shops. These scanners include the hardware and Xentry which is used to troubleshoot the problems in any Mercedes-Benz Vehicles.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I do with Benz Diagnostic Tool SD Connect C4&STAR C3 ?
- Reading/Erasing Trouble Codes
- Read Live Data
- Adaption of Modules
- Coding/Programming of Modules
- Component Testing
Which control units can Benz Diagnostic Tool with Xentry troubleshoot?
- Engines (All Gasoline & Diesel Systems)
- Transmissions and Electronic Selector Modules
- Airmatic and Active Body Control Suspension Systems
- Traction Systems: ESP / ASR / ETS / ABS / BAS / SBC braking systems
- Supplementary Restraint Systems (SRS) / Airbag, All body modules OCP / UCP / LCP / SCM / SKF / KFB / RCM / DCM’s
- Drive Authorisation System
- Sam (Signal Acquisition) Modules
- Electronic Ignition System (EIS)
- Pneumatic System Equipment and ATA functions
- Air Conditioning / climate control Systems
- Instrument Cluster
- Tyre Pressure Control
- Parktronic System
- Keyless Go
- D2b Command & Audio Gateway (D2B and MOST networks)
- TV Tuner
- Headlamp Range Adjustment
- Seat Electronics
- Rvc, RST & Vario Roof modules
- Automatic Clutch System ACS
- M-Class Body Modules (AAM / EAM / DAS / Assyst & ASSYST + systems
What is DAS? – Diagnostic Assistance System – This is the full diagnostic system for Mercedes-Benz vehicles. All functions for diagnosis including reprogramming, configuration, initialization, fault diagnosis and guided diagnostic tests are contained within DAS.
- All control unit software (reprogramming calibrations) is contained within the DAS software which is distributed monthly via DVD media.
- All access and functionality required in regard the configuration via SCN Coding and/or CVN Coding is covered.
- What is Xentry?New software released by Benz Company after 04/2009 by diagnosis new cars. WIS.net : Workshop Information System EPC.net: Electronic Parts Catalogue STAR UTILITIES: the movement management system and self-test DAS: the automatically Diagnosis Assistance System ST Finder 2008: Part location finder
What is WIS-NET? – Workshop Information System – This is the complete workshop information system as developed by Daimler Chrysler for use in the servicing of Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Contained within are installation instructions, procedures, functional and technical specifications. There is some linkage from certain procedures in DAS to respective documents in WIS.
What can Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Tool do? The system offers total diagnostic coverage of all engine, chassis and body systems:
- Reading and re-setting of diagnostic trouble codes (DTC)
- Real-time reading of dynamic data
- Full component activation clearing and re-setting of adaptation values
- Coding of all engine, chassis, body and instrumentation modules
- Key configuration
- Procedure for fitting Mercedes- Benz accessories through the D2B ring and MOST bus
- Total ASSYST / ASSYST + control (Active Service System) to update on board service history
What is Workshop Green Key? This is a unique one-time key from the factory which is necessary in certain situations such as:
- Disabling a key track
- Replacing the ECU
- Replacing security related control units
- Replacing EIS
Typically the workshop key and EIS must be ordered togheter and the green key is used to perform the final programing of the EIS.
What does it mean MARRYING a VIRGIN ECU and EIS?
The ME (ECU=Engine Control Unit) and EIS (Electronic Ignition System) control module are electronically permanently married to each other after 40 engine starts. There is no factory procedure to undo this. This means that a used engine EIS or DAS control unit cannot be used on another vehicle. A new control unit can be installed for testing provided the 40 engine starts are not exceeded. Note that the new control unit must be variant coded before it can be used. If the 40 engine start cycles are not completed successfully resetting the counter to 0 (removing the version coding) is possible if you disconnect the power from the ECU for at least 45 minutes.
What model years does Star Diagnostic Scanner work with?
The Star Scanner should work on cars from 1989 up to 2019 for Mercedes Cars, Buses, Trucks, Sprinter Vans, Smart cars, Etc.
What is Smart TAN Code?
It openes special function in DAS program with Smart cars 450/451/452/454 Developer model: Mercedes-Benz engineer mode, remove limitations and open more functions.
What is Benz Disassembly system? Video lessons to teach you how to remove each part from Benz cars with details order steps.
What is Offline SCN coding?
Offline SCN programming has been switched off on DAS beginning from DAS 01/2010. So now when you want to program a control unit on newer Benz Vehicle you will need to go online to after-sales platform which will require a dealer login and a password.
What is ONLINE SCN Coding
online SCN is one of the function in Xentry, used for programming and SCN coding (including ECU, ABS/SRS, transmission computer, 722.9 gearbox matching ), and supports all vehicles.
There are many control modules on the vehicle, so that it is very often to see something wrong with one. So how to solve this problem? Programming!! It is necessary to do programming when change the module. The the following case as an example.
722.9 gearbox may go into Emergency Mode, why? Because of the low voltage of battery, vehicles with this version will produce trouble codes when the engine starts, so that the vehicle need programming.
What is DTS Manoco ?
DTS maonaco software is development by Mercedes Benz manufacturers ,all car data one click scan and save. Data can be directly change the underlying data, the module used directly copied data replacement. Automatic programming, can automatically set code completely out of online operation.
Analyzing data on bus
Examining ODX data vs. ECU
Reading/deleting error memory
Programming flash memory
Displaying measuring values
Executing ECU routines
Testing OBD functions with Benz Diagnostic Tool
Creating/executing test sequences
Identifying built-in ECUs
What is Vediamo?
With the Vediamo Development and Engineering Software, you no longer need to apply online programming or online to change the SA. You can now use Vediamo any offline for SCN coding ,flashing,programming control units, changing configuration and match more.
What is the Difference between DTS Monaco and Vediamo: